Wednesday, August 20, 2008

socializing

Another beautiful sunny day! We went to Carmel Beach. Part of the reason I love this beach is that it's a dog park. But people are really good about keeping it clean. On good days, all the folks with bg dogs are out, letting their canines run about. Kuro is very happy to be a part of this. (She is on the far right in this pic)
And the ocean today was so calm and clear... If I had my bathing suit I would have jumped in.
Today we went out for pho with Hiromi, in Seaside.


After lunch she convinced me to look at some possible wedding locations near her home in Pacific Grove. First we went to the something something golf club. Not really into it, but it is near the ocean...Then we went to Asilomar conference Center. I actually quite liked what was happening here. Designed by architect Julia Morgan, all the buildings here (originally designed to be an educational/vocational facility of the YWCA) are built in harmony with their environment. Wood and stone structures, all elegantly designed, and steps away to the beach.
There were several buildings that could hold a ceremony/reception. Here is the inside of the Chapel, for example.
But the seats here are immovable, and there could be no reception here. Hiromi kept calling it classic Northern California style (architecture, aesthetic). I like that.

We dropped her off at her home, where her dog Blue was waiting for her return.In the evening, we had my mom's neighbor over for dinner. Julie is a marine biology phd candidate, living in a big house with her black dog Tara. I made pasta with sausage tomato sauce. She had returned from a wedding in Sri Lanka, and gave us some tea. After dinner I taught her how to play beanie -- she turned out to be quite a card shark!

This was more socializing than I'd done in like 5 days. Wiped out! No work done!
Irwin arrives tomorrow!

No comments: