Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back in Ashland, OR

I am in Oregon now. It's been 3 months since I was last here, to work on the Ifdentity project with these fine folks, but it feels like a year.
Painfully early flight out of JFK, I had to get up at 4.30am. I met up with Hana and Emilya at the airport, where for some reason, the Westin Hotel was giving out complimentary blankets and pillows. ???
I slept through most of the flight out to SFO. There, Emilya took us into the Red Carpet Club, or whatever it's called -- the business class lounge, or preferred member lounge. Little did I know that it would be a whole alternate universe inside the airport! We went through some very inconspicuous doors that opened into a grand hallway. It felt like we had stepped into a hotel. The lounge itself was pretty simple, but nice. Big cushy chairs, plenty of outlets, complimentary refreshments, etc. We got to Medford, and the weather is amazing, gorgeously dry and warm. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival is in full swing. After picking up groceries at the food co-op, we unloaded our things in the apartments where we are staying in town (not Buckhorn Springs) and met up with Juan at Amuse Restaurant.
We had been here the last time too -- the food is quite amazing. Extensive wine list, local cheeses, and this time we were in the outside patio where we ate to the accompaniment of a live classical guitarist. Here is Juan looking mighty apprehensive.

We kind of on top of the hill, just a few blocks away from the theaters. The view is amazing.
Emilya and Kevin were going to see the 3 hour 15 minute Othello in the Globe Theater. Hana and I went to catch Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.


But I'm still feeling groggy from all the traveling. I had just spent the last 5 days trying to get back onto NY time, and here I am again on the west coast.
Tomorrow we begin rehearsals.

No comments: