Monday, August 18, 2008

caught a cold, recovering

Honestly I can't remember the last time I caught a cold. Like a classic, runny nose, sore throat, sinus headache kind. In a way (a perverse way) I feel nostalgic for this "can't breathe through my nose" sensation. Well, sick or no, my dog Kuro expects me to entertain her all the time when I am home. In the morning it takes all her patience to wait for me to get up and eat breakfast. After I'm done, if i haven't put on my socks within 5 minutes, she is howling and barking at me! In the afternoon before her dinner time, it's the same thing. Her first visible sign of anticipation is when she trots up to me and shakes her head vigorously, as if to say "shake off that laziness and come outside!" This is usually followed by a fabulous downward-facing dog. If that doesn't send me running to put on my shoes, then she will berate me vocally and paw at me. Who's the pet and who's the master, I ask you.

Like I said the weather has not been particularly friendly, but here we are on our way to the beach.
And here is Kuro, where she is happiest.
I am pretty happy here too, on Carmel Beach one of my most favorite places in the world. Depite the cold and grey.

No comments: