Monday, July 21, 2008

Irwin's Birthday

Soshigaya Okura, off the Odakyu line, is where my brother lives, and though I forget the reason, it is has dubbed its main shopping area Ultraman Street. I think the story is that the Ultraman factory (?) is near by or something. Anyway there are random Ultraman posters all around the station and an Ultraman statue in front of the pachinko parlor by the station.

We celebrated Irwin's birthday with my brother and his family which included shopping at UNIQLO (the largest store in the Kanto area -- with an onsen spa upstairs! What?!)


and then we went to the onsen at Yukari/Jindaiji.
This morning, Tsukiji fish market and uni breakfast YEAH!

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the heck these are???? Gross!!!!

A few hours later we were on a Shinkansen to Kyoto. We just arrived (it's almost 5pm). We're staying at Chie's place, which is so cute! More pics later.

2 comments:

Kayolks said...

looks like tarako roe before it is salted and spiced?

yumm...

Unknown said...

Hi! I found your site through Umamimart...I like your blog a lot! I think that is soft roe...you know, roe from the male fish. Ew!