Saturday, July 12, 2008

First Day in Japan

Twelve hours to Tokyo. I was sitting next to these young Japanese women. I was wholly unproductive during the entire trip. I slept some, watched some terrible movies without sound, played othello and solitude on the cheesy airplane game console, and stared at the icebergs.

Continuous day flying over the northern part of the globe to get to Asia.

Nearing Narita:


When you get out of customs, you can look for this sign,

But most likely you won't even really have to look, because the Bus Ticket counter is literally right in front of your nose.
Tell them Shinjuju Washington, buy the ticket, and go outside to the correct gate # to board. I know the word "limousine" is confusing, because in fact, the Airport Limousine, is just a big old air-conditioned bus.

Stick your luggage down there.


My first thought upon getting into town was -- WOW there are so many Japanese people here in Japan! I guess you perspective gets off when you live in NY and are used to seeing all kind of people from every walk of life. I still get stared at here for having my nose pierced.

I went over to my brother's house in Soshigaya Okura. I was totally delirious by the time I got there. My nephew Yuu is a crybaby. He would cry just looking at me. He was also very tired. But I got to hang out with my brother, his wife and their daughter Lynn. She is super cute. We played cards!!! Yeah, my kind of girl. She is five years old, the best age.


Now going to get some breakfast....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved your journal. Keep on going.