Sunday, July 20, 2008

DISASTER!

OMG what happened?? We were having a perfectly wonderful time until this afternoon. In the morning we got breakfast at a cafe, and then we headed over to Takashimaya for some shopping and lunch. I had been up to the restaurant park there and saw this restaurant which looked very appealing. Truth be told I've been craving pasta for the last few days, so I was excited when Irwin wanted to try it out too. Japanese people love pasta, and they've really made it their own.

This display outside, as well as the people lined up to get into the restaurant, made me think it would be a good idea to go.Well as you may have guessed, this turned out to be a bad bad bad bad bad idea. Irwin's chili tomato carbonara came with a raw egg cracked open on top. 30 minutes after he ate it, while we were looking at bedding at Tokyu Hands, he had to run to the bathroom and didn't come out for 30 minutes. When he finally did emerge, he looked all pale and sweaty and awful. He said he thought he was going to die. He promptly had to go back into the bathroom again, and came out another 20 minutes later. We think it was food poisoning. We went back to the hotel and spent the rest of the afternoon trying to coax the toxins out of his body.

We did go out in the evening for a little while. I had to get something to eat. But I was also developing an awful problem with a canker sore on my tongue that was so painful every bite of food was shooting excruciating pain into the core of my brain, and impeding my speech as well. Oh yes we were a very happy couple today.

We were supposed to hang out with my brother and his family today, but that didn't happen. Hopefully we can sleep this day away and tomorrow will be just lovely. It's Irwin's 36th birthday!!!! Here is some nice vertical signage against the evening sky.

2 comments:

Kayolks said...

this makes me SO SAD!!! all of my perceptions of japan's eggs being contamination-free with its perfect golden orange yolk- it's all garbage now???

when i was little and would visit tokyo, my grandma would drop a raw egg on my bowl of rice and drizzle some soy sauce over it. it was the simplest most delicious thing ever, that we weren't allowed to do in the US cause the eggs here aren't "as pure".

nevermore.

hope Irwin felt better for his bday!

Yamahomo said...

I love poop stories. Was it as painful as orange-poo? Seems like you are having GREAT time in Japan (aside from shit issues and canker sore).